Thursday, July 8, 2010

Heatwave:

Hey, everyone!

I don't think I could possibly explain how much I love my internship and my life here in Philadelphia, so I think that I'll just leave it at that. I am so happy doing what I am doing right now.

Despite my efforts to look ruffly and cute every single day, the summer heat has me looking all disheveled by the time I get home in the evening, and I'm always too ashamed of my condition to take photos of my outfits after a long day's work.

I decided to just deal with it today and take a photo of my simple, yet fun outfit for this busy Thursday. There are a few little details that I quite enjoyed.

Wearing: Urban Outfitters blouse and skirt, Anthropologie silk sandals, Vintage brooch, Tiffany & Co. jewels


This morning the intern group had a wonderful in-store visit and presentation at Anthropologie. We learned all about the brand, business, and visual display concepts of the store. It was really lovely. Afterwards, we had a private shopping experience. I couldn't help but pick up these beautiful sandals, among other things. Immediately upon purchasing, I put them on for work. They really brightened up my outfit.

Here are a few closeups of things that I felt made this otherwise simple outfit a bit more special:

Collar Pleating

Brooch at the hip

This is my new Sabina purse that I've been toting around with me lately. It's everything that I have been looking for in a handbag: large enough to hold all of my necessities, lots of pockets, ruffly(of course), buttery soft black leather, and a removable cross-strap for when I'm a bicycle commuter again. I'm in love.

Oh, and I got a haircut last week! Take a look:




I quite like this new do'. It's a bit androgynous but I like it because its sort of like a geeky third-grade boy's haircut. But in a cute way. Not to mention, it keeps me cool in the Philadelphia sun. I promise my hair looks much prettier when I leave for work in the morning!

Let me know what you all think!

Oh, and I'm looking for some new style icons. Lately I've been a bit bored with my styling and want to find new, fun ways to utilize my clothes. If you have any style inspiration that you'd like to share, send it my way!

Hope everyone is having a wonderful summer!

-Flavia

2 comments:

Kim Taylor Kruse said...

Flavia, I'm so excited for you! It's great to hear that you're doing well up there in Philly. And I must say, I'm a tad envious -- you know how much I love Anthro. Can't wait to hear more!

Anonymous said...

[B][URL=http://www.salethomassabo.com]Thomas Sabo[/URL][/B] brings within the sterling Silver Selection which presents the great accessory for prevailing tends in style. Top rated [B]Thomas Sabo onlineshop[/B] most in quality 925 strerling silver is graced with the use of hand-set and hand-cut zirconia stone. Your highest need in terms of excellent and aesthetics gets fulfilled using the unmatched good quality [B][URL=http://www.salethomassabo.com]Thomas Sabo Onlineshop[/URL][/B]and styles offered by them. The firm also offers unisex line which removes the the conventional differentiation between [B]Thomas Sabo[/B] jewellery for guys and females.

Other sorts of charms presented are loved versions members [B][URL=http://www.salethomassabo.com]Thomas Sabo Onlineshop[/URL][/B] and almost continuous series of symbol and cross charms. In [B]Thomas Sabo schmuck[/B] of relatives members charms you're bound to locate some thing for a baby, to [B][URL=http://www.salethomassabo.com/thomas-sabo-halsschmuck.html]Thomas Sabo Schmuck[/URL][/B] of items of child that are an indication of fatherhood and motherhood.

You will be amazed to realize that [B][URL=http://www.salethomassabo.com/thomas-sabo-charms.html]Thomas Sabo Charms[/URL][/B] has presented even some thing for sports activities lovers. Assortment of Sports activities [B]Thomas Sabo charms[/B] is massive and will certainly tickle sporting activities fans. The sporting activities charms are also [B]Thomas Sabo charms[/B] out of sterling silver that is bound to maintain any sports athlete shining with confidence.