Saturday, July 4, 2009

Man-Bags

Ciao, from Rome!
I've been here for about a week now, and the city is absolutely beautiful. Italians have an amazing sense of style. I don't know exactly how to explain it. Italian women have a very classy, breezy sense of style. They sport beautiful jeans or skirts with drapey tops, and despite the cobblestone streets, prance around in heels with ease. They don't feel the need to be too showy, their fashion sense is based around the idea of a "bella figura", where you embrace the womanly silhouette, but still leave much to the imagination. The men are sharp, usually wearing fitted dress slacks and button ups. Best of all is the man-bags. Men wear beautiful leather satchels, messenger bags, and brief cases that make me want to keel over and spend all of my money on leather arm candy.

I met this man at the Fontana di Trevi. I absolutely loved the red pants, but his aged leather bag is what nearly brought a tear to my eye. I have been super busy with class and Roman adventures, but tomorrow I am thinking of walking around to take more street style photos. Be prepared to see some beautiful people. Also, I want to take my first shopping trip soon, so as soon as I start doing damage, you'll be hearing about it. I hope all is well in the states!

Love,
Flavia

No comments: