Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Holiday Loot

Hey readers! 
We hope you guys had fun over the holidays. South Florida was a lot less inspiring than I thought it would be. I spent my break mainly catching up with old friends and family. I thought it would be fitting to do a post-holiday review of interesting things that I bought, as well as gifts that I received for the holidays. Let me know what you all think! I'd also love to hear about some of the great finds you all have had recently!


The holidays wouldn't be complete without a little Betsey Johnson! I got this bag on ultra markdown after the holidays. It's great because the pewter color matches with everything, and it is really versatile with the long strap. My favorite detail is the huge tassle in the front of the bag. A lot of Betsey bags are really whacky, but I cant help but love them! I think they're great for school because the add character to your every day outfits. Plus: the "Betseyville" line is really affordable. Also pictured: I found these great vintage pearls. Go for long strands of pearls and wear them with casual dresses and leggings. I love polarity in outfits, a basic tee with flats and long pearls look great. 


Vintage Jewels:
My boyfriend found me all of these gems. I wish I could take the credit for these finds! The cameo charms are great because I can hang them on bracelets and necklaces, and the ring adds granny-glam to everything. I've been loving putting brooches on cardigans and peacoats recently, it makes your outfit a little more elegant. Try looking for old cameos and pins at thrift stores and flea markets! I also got that amazing gold latticework ring. 


Flats:
I live in flats. The sad part of that is that I destroy my flats really quickly. So honestly, I tend to not spend very much money on flats. Here in Gainesville, I always by my flats at Urban Thread for anywhere between$15-$25. I bought these cute bow flats on sale at Urban Outfitters. I have to admit, I'm a culprit of buying cute things in multiple colors when they're on sale. I couldn't resist having two pairs of these adorable shoes! The other pair is a pair of Tahari flats. I don't know much about the brand, but i loved the mix of patent leather and reptile along with the Gucci-esque hardwear. I recommend the brand. 
To girls who are trying to jazz up their wardrobe: try out flats! They're adorable, comfortable, and there are styles for every girl. They are 300x cuter than flip-flops. 


Sam Edelman geometric pumps:
I think these beauties may be my favorite find of the holidays! I love these shoes because the details are bold and different, but in a classic understated way. I don't think that one would expect the geometric pop from these otherwise classic black pumps. If you've never tried out Sam Edelman shoes before, I really recommend that you go out and try a pair on. I think the shoes are always well made and fashion forward, while still being marginally affordable. I was really lucky to find these on sale. I love the metallic insoles! I'm excited to wear these with just about everything. 


Nude Patent Pumps:
I actually got the inspiration of searching for nude patent-leather pumps from Rumi, it-girl of the blog "Fashion Toast". The nude color is an interesting touch to any outfit and the plus is that it elongates your legs. I have been nervous to try out this peep-toe-ankle-bootie-platform style hybrid shoe, but I think they are pretty cute. Plus these shoes were super affordable, they're from Steve Madden's most affordable line called "Madden Girl". I dare you to try out the style, I promise you'll be pleased. 


Trinkets, baubles, and jewels:
I was lucky to recieve a lot of cute accessories as gifts this year. My "big" christmas gift this year from my parents was this adorable cut-out heart band from Tiffany's. I absolutely love it because it is classic but with a sweet edge. Leah got me that amaaazing mother of pearl barrett. Since my hair is a little to short for it right now, I've been hanging on a gold chain as a charm (super cute!). She also got me that dazzling purple heart charm for my charm bracelet. My boyfriend's parents got me the vintage Murano glass ring (looks really neat when worn on your index finger), and that gorgeous and colossal floral bangle. I love when girls wear bangles high up on their arm. I bought myself those cute little "F" initial earings, they complement any outfit and are still personalized.
*Vintage bangle and Murano ring, Betsey Jonson hair clip, Juicy Couture heart charm, Tiffany's cut-out heart band, and Urban Outfitters initial earrings*

Those were my top finds and gifts from the holidays. Hopefully you may have seen something that you'd like to try out or perhaps that we both love and have. Oh, before I forget:
GAINESVILLERS: This friday, January 9th, go to Wolfgang boutique on 12th street and University Ave for major sales and cocktails by Sharab lounge. I'm telling you, the sales are going to be amazing you don't want to miss it!!
Also, check out tomorrow's alligator to see an interview with yours truly! I'm super excited, I was interviewed by the beautiful Lane (you may remember her from one of our first Street Style posts) and I guess there will be a tiny feature on me. Let me know if you see it! 
All in all, I hope to write a lot more. Now that I'm back in Gainesville I have a lot more trend hunting to do. I'll post all of the finds that I can. Please, leave a comment. I love hearing from you! Expect posts on platforms, more vintage, and fashion newsflashes. 

-Flavia

2 comments:

natasha said...

I love love love the color of that Juicy charm! Cute stuff, I'm super jealous of those Sam Edelman geometric pumps, where did you find those on sale?

Adam said...

Bring Back Street Style!!!