Here's some stuff Flavs and I have been doing on Saturdays when we can actually spend time together! Shredding t-shirts takes a lot of time and tough fingers so beware! but the outcome is worth it.
In the process
Shes's an exhibitionist.
Ok so if you want to shred a t-shirt, watch the video made by Camille of Childhood Flames and it will give you a step-by-step tutorial. it's what we used to get started.
Here's some of our own tips.
1. use a new shirt because old shirts seem to be tougher from multiple washes. i found this out the hard way and that's why my shirt only has two panels. it really hurt my fingers.
2. be careful not to pull too hard because the threads will rip. you'll get holes, but they look cool so who cares.
3. just use your fingers to do it because a seam ripper is kinda pointless.
4. it will take you a while to get a feel for it, so just keep trying different positions and you'll get the hang of it. i had to ask flavia for a lot of help because she got it way faster than i did.
5. the fibers are actually very strong even after you shred it so feel free to wash. i did and it turned out fine.
good luck! let me know if you have any questions.