Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Things to check out in Gville this month:

Sometimes it's hard to find new and exciting things to do around here, BUT, this month is showing great potential! Hopefully I'll see some of you at:




Store101: admiring the art of Gainesville's own Ted Lincoln. 
His "Lost in Perspectives" exhibit will be on display at Store101 until Nov. 21, so check it out! Rumor has it that there may be a closing party, I'll fill you in on all the deets. 


Art Bash:
I went to Art Bash last year and it was so much fun. You can check out our friends in the art department and get to see everything they work so hard on. There's art displayed everywhere, graphics, sculpture, live art, performance art, and all kinds of other entertainment. I have to say, I look forward to seeing my favorite Gainesville band, EVERYTHING IS OK, play that night!! 
Go to UF's College of Fine Arts area on Friday Nov. 14 from 7:00-10:00 pm. Trust me it'll be amazing. 


The Rocky Horror Show:
The Rocky Horror Picture Show is one of my absolute favorite movies, so when I heard that it would be performed at our own Constans Theatre this month, I couldn't help but do the time warp. There aren't too many performances left, so get your tickets soon! You can buy tickets at the University Box Office or Ticketmaster.com. 

Here are the dates: 

Nov. 12- 7:30pm
Nov. 13- 7:30pm
Nov. 14- 7:30pm
Nov. 15- Midnight Show!!
Nov. 16- 2:00pm Closing Show

See you around!

Flavia<3

No comments: