Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Highlights From The Met Ball:

All in all, I was a little bit underwhelmed by the looks at this years Costume Institute Gala. In years past, dresses have been so ornate and beautiful, but this year seemed way more casual. I think the whole fantasy-gala effect was lost. Either way, there were some gorgeous outfits. I noticed lots of metallics, gun-metal greys, and nudes. Oh, and was anyone else puzzled by the fact that although the theme was "Model as Muse", it was all celebrities on the red carpet? Well, here are some of my favorite looks of the night:

At first I couldn't believe this was Leighton Meester! She looks like a high-fashion bon-bon in LV. Plus her hair looks super cute. I adore her. 

I thought Alek Wek looked so beautiful in this Emanuel Ungaro dress. The dress is beautiful in its own right, but against her skin it is just amazing. 

Marc and Kate

Olivier Theyskens & Lou Doillon in Nina Ricci

MK wearing Christian Lacroix Haute Couture

Anja Rubik in Balmain

Jessica Stam in Rodarte

Like I said, pretty boring. I loved Stella McCartney's outfit. What are your thoughts?
I feel sort of duped.

Love,
Flavia

1 comment:

natasha said...

agreed, i feel like everyone stepped down for this event. regardless i loved leighton meester, MK, and jessica stam the best.