Monday, April 27, 2009

The Informers by Bret Easton Ellis

For most of you who don't know, I'm a bookworm. So, whenever a movie comes out based on a book by my favorite author, Bret Easton Ellis, --think American Psycho and Rules of Attraction--I go see it. The Informers recently came out, and I really liked it, even though it left me overwhelmingly depressed. Despite the fact that I read the book about 4 years ago, it made a lot more sense than my interpretation of the book, which in short order, is about sex and drug use in L.A. in the 80s. How could that not entice you? Anyway, it's an excellent representation of the times, and I was inspired by the fashion in the movie. Lots of Wayfarers, crazy hair and skin-tight dresses. 

Although I love Bret Easton Ellis and his true insanity, I don't suggest you go off reading his books or seeing his movies unless you're in the mood to feel disturbed =) Watch the trailer if you're interested. 

-Leah

No comments: