Sunday, June 21, 2009

Just A Trim:

Ciao!
This past friday I got a little touch-up hair cut because I don't want my hair to get too grown-out and crazy while I'm in Italy. Sooo, here are the results:

It's pretty straight here, but when I let my natural hair texture run wild, I can create a really neat, wavy mohawk on top of my head.

My hair has grown out a bit since the real chop that I had done last month. The sides of my head were shaved, so it was a little bit edgier. I like how it's grown out though, the new soft pieces add to the tough vs sweet duality that I was going for.

Here is what the original cut was:


Now that I look at it, I kind of want to shave the sides again. I think I'm just being wishy-washy because I'm about to leave the continent. Packing for 6 weeks hasn't been as horrible as I had anticipated. Pretty much I'm bringing along an arsenal of high-waisted skirts, a few flirty dresses, lace/ruffled/flowy tops, and leotards. I'm throwing in maybe one pair of jeans, some leggings, and a pair of high-waisted shorties. Maybe I'll do a luggage post? I dunno...

This weekend was wonderful by the way! Spend some time with my darling Leah on Thursday, had an arts&craft/blogger day with Alex on Friday, then hung out with my boyf and the Tallest Man on Earth on Saturday night. Sunday was laid back, went to the pool and took romantic strolls. I hope that I get the chance to do a lot of blogging in Rome. Also, I just got Skype! This is all too exciting/nervous/sad? A mix of emotions I suppose. I guess I should stop babbling and get back to packing.

Besos,
Flavia

Oh and by the way, ruffles and bows are my summer staples if you hadn't already noticed in the photos. In the first two photos I'm wearing a vintage ruffled Betsey Johnson dress (from the REAL NYC trip last summer!), and in the iPhone pics I am wearing a silk ruffled blouse from UO and Betsey Johnson bow earings.

No comments: